University of Wisconsin-Madison
Master of Science in Cartography/GIS, 2022
Coursework and research on interactive web mapping and ethical visual storytelling.
Bachelor of Arts in English and American Literature/Creative Writing, 2016
Liberal arts coursework with focus on creative nonfiction, fiction, and critical writing.
National Public Radio
Graphics Editor, Dec 2021-Jan 2023
- Innovative design and development of ambitious data-driven and visual stories on subjects including climate migration in Senegal, reckless coastal development in Florida, war crimes in Ukraine, and gerrymandering in Alabama
Design & Code Intern, May 2019-August 2019
- Data journalism and visualization with the NPR Visuals team, including research and data analysis, production of maps and charts on short deadlines, and development of award-winning interactive multimedia stories
University of Wisconsin-Madison Geography Department
Teaching Assistant, January 2020-May 2020
Project & Research Assistant, June 2018-December 2019
- Cartographic research activities including development work on MapStudy, an integrated, modularized framework for the creation of survey applications designed to test cartographic design and interaction hypotheses in a modern web map environment.
- Lead developer of Flyover Country Visualization Suite, a NSF-funded project for the visualization of multivariate paleoecological data, leveraging open-source web mapping technologies Leaflet and D3 in a mobile-first interface.
- Data crunching, geospatial analysis, and interactive cartography supporting UI/UX research on interactive web maps.
Information Architect, February 2019 - January 2021
- Web development, data visualization, and user interface design for several projects with the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Data Science/GIS: ArcGIS, QGIS, Python, pandas, Jupyter Notebooks, GDAL, SQL
Cartography/Graphic Design: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Blender, ai2html, Mapbox
Languages: Intermediate French and Spanish